Coming very soon to PEAK cyclesport.... e-bikes from Europe's #1 brand Haibike.
Superbly engineered bikes from Germany, with the full support of its distributor in Nottingham, Haibike has taken the world of e-bikes by storm since launching in 2010. A recent survey by the Electric Bike Magazine gave Haibike a greater brand quality / recognition than all the other leading e-bikes put together.
Quality, innovation and design, Haibike is at the cutting edge of e-bike technology.
We've been watching the development of e-bikes for some time and waiting for the technology to be proven. With further improvements in 2016, such as smoother power delivery and longer run times, now is the time.
Growth in the UK ebikes market has lagged that of other European market, the German market is 550,000 bikes, the UK 35,000, but things are changing rapidly as the top ebike manufacturers extend into our market.
- the UK market has for now largely been low-end urban commuter e-bikes but a big part of the European market is for performance off-road e-bikes to enthusiasts. It's not cheating! Performance e-MTBs all for greater distances, more ride time, less walking, assistance on those annoying uphill road transitions - not more uplifts.
- a great leveller. Two riders, one novice / limited fitness the other advanced, no problem, the ebike gives more than enough assist to bring the power to as much and indeed far above that of even the best conditioned rider. With a range of as much as 100 miles on a single charge, power assist now doesn't need to be rationed.
- commuting. Massive cost saving compared to car journeys. Lifespan of a quality ebike battery is typically 30,000 to 50,000 miles. No insurance or road tax required. While in the UK speed assist cuts out at 15.5mph, overseas there are speed pedelec when assist continues right through to 30mph. Speed pedelecs are currently not legal for road use in the UK.
As well as key Haibike display models instore, we have our own demo bikes for use on on taster e-bike tours. Only by riding will you be able to fully appreciate the stunning performance of the 2016 Haibikes!
1. Taster e-bike tours £29
- premium Haibike e-bikes
- bike setup and instruction before the ride
- helmet provided
- accompanied by qualified ride leader / guide, fully supported
- scenic and varied routes to test the full capability of the bike!
- free tea/coffee and refreshments at the end of the ride.
2. 1:1 ridesPlease ask if you'd prefer a shorter accompanied ride with one of our e-bike guides during shop hours.
3. Haibike Super Demo Days
Haibike will periodically bring its entire e-bike demo fleet to PEAK cyclesport, offering the chance to ride a far wider selection of its full range of 47 bikes. Dates TBC.